I watched a talk by Kezia Williams, who is the head of theatrical distribution at Pathe, she talked about how the distributors work to create a successful marketing campaign for every film. Chris Besseling of Pathe explained that the marketing companies will position a film to make it stand out from all the other films, they do this by using USP (unique selling proposition).
I have researched on the film 'Searching', the background of the slide below is a screenshot of the official site of 'Searching'. The distributor of Searching did a great job in terms of promoting this film, they have their own official social media which allows their fans to approach it more easily so therefore will keep their curiosity of the film itself. In their social media, we could see that they have used a lot of hashtags(ff) in order to spread out more so more potential audience could approach the film 'Searching'.I found out that they have created a interesting effects on the top right corner, simulating the iPhone's notifications from xxxxxx. This successfully tell the people who click onto the website that the film will be talking about that a girl has contact her dad but ended up disappearing. I have created a GIF in order to show what the website has done. I placed it on the top right corner as well to recreate the look of the website itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
To get more idea of what audiences like/expect to be in a thriller opening sequence, I made a form using Google Forms to ask what do they ...
-
It started with blood, dropping slowly in a white background, this makes the blood stands out in a short period of time and make the a...
-
Pause is the most enigmatic and unusual film that I have picked to look at because of its combination of glossy technical beauty and i...
-
Audience from YueChunCham
-
For our character in our film opening 'Surplus', we decided to interview the Prime Minister in order to develop her character furth...
-
Netflix original Dark, a thriller, has an opening sequence that is quintessential in guiding the audience in how to watch the series. Alt...
-
P&A has traditionally been an important element in film marketing campaigns. In order to explore how we might design a suitable poster ...
-
bbfc certificate by Yue Chun Cham
-
A Production Company ident creates a brand image for a company and is found at the start of a production. in less than 10 seconds, it offer...
No comments:
Post a Comment